To us, an equal opportunity working environment also includes the responsibility to make our domain accessible to all talent and potential. Every decision relating to employees and job applicants is made solely on the grounds of an individual's merit and ability - regardless of sex, age, marital status, race, colour, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, ethnic origin, or disability or veteran status.
Telespazio Germany celebrates a long history of promoting equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision-making, and is represented by more than 30 different nationalities within our company. We are an open international environment living up to our values: trust, integrity, participation and curiosity, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Nevertheless, Telespazio acknowledges the remaining existence of a male bias in the wider social and economic context of technical education (e.g., STEM studies) and technical professions, as well as in the space industry sector. We want to encourage further positive actions that are required to reduce gender imbalances within the organisation. Concrete examples of related approaches and practises are:
- As part of recruitment and internal staff assignments to projects, emphasis is placed on encouraging the application of female candidates. To do so, the content of job adverts is reviewed by our HR professionals, ensuring the usage of gender-neutral and gender-balanced wording and descriptions. This effort is supported via professional software tools helping our HR professionals in writing respective job descriptions.
- Within the Telespazio recruitment process, interviewers take part in an interviewing training, addressing, among others, the topic of bias (anti-bias training).
- The ratio of female applicants and successful female applicants is constantly measured across the different departments of Telespazio.
- Positions are posted on networks of female engineers, aiming to increase the number of female applicants.
- Via the company’s intranet, employees are kept informed about initiatives, measures and processes related to diversity and inclusion.
As a future-oriented technology company, we are aware that our people are the operators behind our every success. We want to attract, hire and engage a broad variety of highly qualified people.
Therefore, we aim to ensure diversity and inclusion is a key part of our company culture and we aspire to be an international, diverse and inclusive workforce.